The Doceree Publisher Tag (DPT) is an ad-tagging library for the ‘Doceree for Publisher’ program which is used to dynamically build ad requests. It takes key details from you (such as ad unit code, ad size, and custom targeting), builds the request, and displays the ad on web pages. Placing a tag on a page creates a communication path between the ad server and a user’s browser
The following example walks you through the process of creating an Ad Slot that uses DPT to load an ad from Doceree's Ad network
To start the integration process, please log into your account and click on the ‘Add Slot’ tab on the left Navigation Bar
STEP 1 - Basics
- Slot type: Select the type of ad slot. At the moment, we only offer display Ads, but we will soon be launching video ads and email ads as well
- Site name: This shows your website, where the ads will be displayed. This section would be prepopulated
- Slot name: Enter the slot name to identify your ad slot
- Page URL: Enter the page URL where the ad would be displayed
- Workflow: Select the workflow in which the slot needs to be integrated
STEP 2 – Details
- Slot Dimension: You need to select the dimensions of the ad slot that you are registering. This will help in ensuring that only the right ads (of the right dimensions) are pushed on this slot.
We currently support all 12 standard Ad sizes
STEP 3 – Constraints
- Creative types allowed: Select the type of creative which you would like to allow on the slot. You can select either one or both.
- Functionality allowed: Select if you would like to provide the click functionality on this slot.
STEP 4 – Inclusion/Exclusion
- Targeted advertiser category: Select the advertiser for which you want to show ads for.
- Advanced: You can include or exclude certain advertisers from your platform by selecting the advance switch. You will be required to type in the advertiser names in the space provided and basis the option selected in the drop-down, those advertisers will be included or excluded on your platform. Kindly note, the advance condition will be applied over and above on the options selected in the platform included point.
STEP 5 – Bid range
- CPM Bid Range:
Here, you can set the CPM bid range. Though we offer a suggested bid range, you may choose to set it lower or higher based on what you think is the right amount
STEP 6 – Publisher Tag integration
This is an important step and does require help from your technical development team.
Choose the integration model that you want to use, from the dropdown, before you proceed further
- Direct Integration
2. Waterfall Integration
- Code injection: You need to place your custom generated publisher tag at the location where you want to display the ad
- Status: You have the option to add the publisher tag code on this occasion or pick the option of adding the code at a later time/date. Please choose the status and proceed further