The Doceree Publisher Tag (DPT) is an ad-tagging library for ‘Doceree for Publisher’ program which is used to dynamically build ad requests. It takes key details from you (such as ad unit code, ad size, and custom targeting), builds the request, and displays the ad on web pages. Placing a tag on a page creates a communication path between the ad server and a user’s browser.
The following example walks you through the process of creating an ad slot that uses DPT to load an ad from Doceree's ad network.
To start the integration process, please log into your account and click on the ‘New Slot’ link from the left navigation bar
STEP 1 – Basics
- Slot Type: Select the required ad slot type. As of now, we only offer banner ads.
- Email Group Name: The name of the email group comes prefilled with the group name you had selected earlier.
- Slot Name: Enter the slot name to identify your ad slot.
STEP 2 – Details
- Slot Dimension: You need to select the dimensions of the ad slot that you are registering. This will help in ensuring that only the right ads (with the correct dimensions) are pushed to this slot
We currently support all 12 standard Ad sizes.
STEP 3 – Bid range
- CPM Bid Range:
Here, you can set the floor or fixed price for your CPM bid
STEP 4 – Ad Slot Integration
For this step, you can take assistance from your technical team.
- Code injection:
Place the publisher tag in your favorite email service provider and replace the tag [REPLACE_HASHED_NPI] dynamically with the SHA256 hashed NPI value of the email recipient.For your ad items to track user clicks properly, your email slot tag requires the implementation of an Email User ID macro (EUID). This macro must be provided by your newsletter service and must distribute with a unique ID every time a newsletter is sent out by you. To do this replace the [REPLACE_EMAIL_PROVIDER_UNIQUE_MACRO] dummy tag with your MACRO.
- Fallback ad: If for any reason we are not able to display an ad from the Doceree advertiser network because of CPM ranges or because the campaign is paused, we will render the fallback image along with the CTA link that you provide here.
- Development Mode: To test how the integration would work, you can turn on the development mode and view the test ad as it displays in this slot. Please make sure to toggle this mode off in case you are sending out emails
- Status: You have the option to add the publisher tag code at this occasion or pick the option of adding the code at a later time/date. Please choose the status and proceed further